Facing Alzheimer's: Family Caregivers Speak
by Patricia Brown Coughlan
WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE CAN NO LONGER CARE FOR HIMSELF?
When the body and the mind of someone we love begin to fail, the burden that falls on the caregiver can be overwhelming. In this deeply practical and warmhearted book, eight women who lived through their husbands' declines talk frankly about how they faced the agonizing decisions they had to make and live with, including:
- Acknowledging the illness.
- Shifting responsibility from the afflicted mate.
- Adjusting to profound changes in one's spouse.
- Coping with crises, including violence.
- Weighing home care against institutional care.
- Nuturing one's own sanity and health.
- Preparing for the end---and beginning again.
"Offers solace through the sharing of life's greatest challenge for over four million families." Joy Glenner, Executive Director The George G. Glenner Alzheimer's Family Center, Inc.
You can now order the book listed below directly on the Internet from Lake Solitude Media's Alzheimer's Bookstore in affiliation with Amazon.com Books. Click on the link below.